Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This rich cheese blend goes a long way at a party. Make sure you follow the directions so you will have 3 ribbons of color. Also, be sure to allow a good 8 hours of chill time.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup of crumbled blue cheese
- 1 (18 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon of grated onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- chopped pecans
- fresh parsley sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a bowl. Beat at medium speed with mixer until blended; stir in pecans.
- Line a lightly greased 4-cup fluted mold or a 7 3/8 x 3 5/8-inch loaf pans with plastic wrap, allowing edges to extend over the sides of pan.
- Spread 1/3 of blue cheese mixture into mold and chill 1 hour.
- Combine remaining 3 ounce package of cream cheese and milk, beating well. Add cheddar cheese and next 3 ingredients, mixing well. Spread over chilled blue cheese mixture in mold. Top with remaining 2/3 of blue cheese mixture, spreading.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 8 hours or up to 3 days.
- Unmold onto a serving plate; remove plastic wrap and garnish.
- Serve with ginger snaps or assorted crackers.