- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce, chopped (about 4 cups)
- 2 lbs bacon, sliced, cooked and crumbled
- 6 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 3 cups croutons
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice and spices until well mixed.
- Layer lettuce, bacon and tomato in a 13- by 9-inch baking dish or plastic container.
- Refrigerate salad for at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving,.
- sprinkle with croutons. Makes 8 servings.