Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Very good party food. Serve with tortilla chips or pita chips.
- 1 (16 ounce) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1 cup null or 1 cup cheddar cheese
- chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine beans; spread in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Spread sour cream over beans.
- Top with salsa and cheese.
- Cover; bake at 375° for 20 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
This recipe is the sum of its parts - good, but nothing really special. I clipped this recipe from Cooking Light some time back, and just got around to trying it. I will probably make it again because my toddlers liked it.
This is a very easy recipe that I took to a potluck tonight and everyone LOVED it. I didn't add the sour cream (I don't like how it bakes) but served it on the side and also w/ gaucamole. Doubling the recipe worked great in a 9x13 pan, and it was eaten before anything else on the potluck tabel!