Recipe by Manami
Found this in Southern Living BBQ on Tour, April 2009 edition & tweaked it a bit! Use your favorite deli baked beans and coleslaw for a delicious easy meal that comes together in minutes. Serve with pickled okra, sliced jalapeños, caramelized onions, or freshly cracked pepper on top! Really delicious:)
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 16 ounces kosher all-beef frankfurters (1 package Hebrew National)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided (sort of sweet)
- 6 slices fully-cooked bacon (maple cured)
- 2 cups deli baked beans
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups deli Coleslaw
- sprinkling black poppy seed (optional, for the cole slaw)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 fluid ounce hot sauce (optional)
- 1 cup chopped plum tomato (about 3 medium tomatoes)
- 6 green onions, sliced on a diagonal
- sliced jalapeno pepper
- pickled okra
- freshly cracked pepper
- caramelized onion
- grilled bell pepper
- grilled mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat cold cooking grate of grill with cooking spray, and place on grill.
- Preheat grill to 350°F to 400°F (medium-high) heat.
- Brush hot dogs with 1 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Prepare bacon according to package directions; crumble.
- Grill hot dogs, covered with grill lid, 6 to 8 minutes or to desired degree of doneness, turning occasionally.
- Cut hot dogs into bite-size pieces, cut on the diagonal.
- Stir together baked beans, cider vinegar, and 2-1/2 tablespoons barbecue sauce in a medium bowl. If desired, microwave bean mixture at HIGH 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring halfway through.
- Stir together coleslaw, poppy seeds, and pepper.
- Divide hot dog slices among 8 (10-oz.) glasses.
- Top hot dogs evenly with bean mixture, coleslaw mixture, chopped tomatoes, green onions, and crumbled bacon.
- Serve with desired toppings and have a wonderful time!