BBQ Pasta salad
This was just thrown together one day for something new & different. It's really good.
- Ready In:
- 1 package wagon wheel macaroni
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 can mandarin orange, drained (save juice)
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (any flavor/brand)
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's mayonnaise
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Then in a large bowl that can be covered put pasta, chicken, oranges.
- For Dressing: In a medium mixing bowl stir together BBQ sauce, mayo,& enough of the juice to make dressing thin but not runny.
- Carefully fold dressing into salad, chill for a couple hours before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was ok, but did not wow me. I used mini wagon wheel pasta and my package was 16 ounces. For that amount of pasta, I doubled the amount of chicken and oranges. I also doubled the amount of BBQ sauce but kept the mayo amount the same. I think adding other ingredients like chopped celery, green onion, red or green bell pepper may help. Also needed a good measure of salt and pepper as it was rather bland.Reply
see 2 more