Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful recipe for wedding cake. Great for the teir cakes. Very simple, and easy.
- 473.18 ml cake flour, sifted
- 314.66 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml Crisco
- 236.59 ml milk
- 29.58 ml milk
- 2 large eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 44.37 ml cocoa (if making chocolate cake)
- Preheat oven to 350'f.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients until well mixed.
- Combine 2nd mixture with out mixing. Pour into first mixture one egg at a time and mix for 2 minutes after each egg.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minute or until test sitck comes out clean.
This was a lovely moist light tasting chocolate cake. I made the batter into 6 small cakes instead of a layer cake. They turned out great, then I drizzled a ganache frosting overtop. They were very pretty and very tasty. Thanks so much for sharing another wonderful cake recipe.