Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful recipe for wedding cake. Great for the teir cakes. Very simple, and easy.
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons cocoa (if making chocolate cake)
- Preheat oven to 350'f.
- Mix the first 7 ingredients until well mixed.
- Combine 2nd mixture with out mixing. Pour into first mixture one egg at a time and mix for 2 minutes after each egg.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minute or until test sitck comes out clean.
This was a lovely moist light tasting chocolate cake. I made the batter into 6 small cakes instead of a layer cake. They turned out great, then I drizzled a ganache frosting overtop. They were very pretty and very tasty. Thanks so much for sharing another wonderful cake recipe.