Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
Authored By: Ellen Sue Spicer of Hands on Nutrition A truly unique and flavorful way to enjoy your lemonade.
- 8 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup lavender flowers (dried)
- 3⁄4 cup lemon balm leaves (dried)
- 1⁄4 cup peppermint leaf (dried)
- 3 fresh lemon rind (of 3 lemons)
- maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- 3⁄4 cup raw honey
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh lemon juice
- In a glass or stainless steel pot, bring 8 cups water to a boil; turn off heat.
- Add dry herbs and cover tightly.
- Let stand 8 hours or overnight; refrigerate when cool.
- Remove zest of the 3 lemons with paring knife, chop coarsely and combine with 2 1/2 cups water in saucepan.
- Cover and simmer 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool until lukewarm.
- Rmove zest and add syrup and honey to the sweet water and lemon juice to make a double strength lemonade base.
- To serve combine equal parts lemonade base, herbal tea and water adjusting taste as desired.
- Chill and serve in glasses or a punch bowl garnished with edible flowers, fresh herbs, or lemon slices.
- Lemonade base and herb te can be stored in covered glass jars for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- Serves 15-20.