My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the tepid water in your electric mixing bowl and add the olive oil, sugar, and yeast. Using the batter blade let the electric mixer blend these very well.
- 2It will take about 5 minutes on low speed.
- 3Stir in the salt. Gradually add 2 cups of the flour and beat on low speed until a thick and smooth batter forms.
- 4Change the blade to a bread dough hook and knead in the additional 2 cups of flour.
- 5If you do not have a heavy mixer such as a KitchenAid, incorporate the flour with a wooden spoon and finish the kneading by hand.
- 6Kneading should take about 10 minutes in the machine, 20 minutes by hand.
- 7Place the dough on a plastic countertop and cover with a large stainless-steel bowl.
- 8Allow the dough to rise until double in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Punch the dough down and divide into 8 pieces.
- 10Let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
- 11Roll out each piece of dough into a 12-inch-diameter circle. Working with 2 pieces of dough at a time, arrange breads on ungreased baking sheets.
- 12Brush with milk and sprinkle sesame seeds over tops.
- 13Pierce with a fork many times, all over.
- 14Bake on the lowest racks in the oven, at 375F, for 8-10 minutes, or until light brown.
- 15Rotate the pans in the oven from top to bottom, to insure even browning.
- 16Serve dry or wet. (To wet, hold the cracker under running water until lightly moistened all over, and then wrap in a moist towel for 10-15 minutes.) If the cracker is too dry to roll, it will crack.
- 17Sprinkle with a little more water and let stand a few minutes.
- 18If it is too wet, cover with a dry towel and let it stand.
Browse Our Top Flat-Shaped Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lavash Armenian Thin Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1049 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1272.5
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 2367.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 213.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.7 g
- Sugars 19.5 g
- Protein 29.2 g