Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
An interesting and different way to serve lamb chops. Good for entertaining.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 lamb chops
- salt and pepper
- 2 onions, peeled and sliced
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 ounces breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce, creamed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 cup lamb broth
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Heat the oil, add the chops and brown quickly on both sides.
- Remove to a roasting pan and season. Reduce the heat.
- Add the sliced onions and leek and cook for a further 5 minutes to brown.
- In a separate pan, melt the butter.
- Fry the chopped onion until softened, then add to the breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the parsley, rosemary, horseradish and seasoning.
- Divide the onion and leek mixture between the lamb chops and pile the breadcrumb mixture on top.
- Pour the wine and broth around the chops, season and add the rosemary sprigs.
- Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes, depending on size. Transfer to plate.
- Remove the rosemary and reduce the liquid over a high heat to make a sauce.