I made these tonight with some lamb mince, and a few other ingredients that needed using. I think they turned out really well, with lots of nice flavours, so I'm writing it all down to make them again.
- 500 g ground lamb
- 1 (200 g) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Form into 8 patties about 8cm (3inches) in diameter.
- Pan fry, grill or broil about 8 minutes each side, or until cooked through and done to your liking.
Delicious.I used fresh spinach,which I cooked with a little oil before adding it to the burgers. I browned burgers in the pan,then put them in the oven for 15 min,they came out very juicy.Thank you.
I really liked these. I followed the recipe as written except I substituted asiago cheese for the parmesan because that is what I had on hand and I skipped the salt because I always do. I served this with a salad on the side. Unfortunately my boyfriend wasn't as crazy about them - he thought there was too much going on but that is likely because he believes burgers should only be beef. Thanks for posting a very interesting meal.
Jan these are so good, moist and tender and packed with flavour. I made as is except I also added 2 eggs but mine were small and it needed that. My hubby is still raving saying how he usually finds burgers so bland and how much he loved them and the flavour from the mint that came through. I have to agree these are absolutely perfect and I can not wait to do these when I have guests over for a BBQ when the weather warms up here. I could go on and on but I will say to anyone reading this they are a must try. A fantastic post!!