3 hrs 45 mins
Hearty soup made with lamb and vegetables. Great rainy day meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 -6 meaty lamb shanks
- 6 ounces of tomato paste with mixed Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup nakano seasoned rice vinegar (roasted garlic)
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 2 medium onions
- 1/2 lb baby carrots (approx)
- 4 -6 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen baby peas
- 1 teaspoon salt, with more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Roast lamb shanks for approx 1 hour at 325 degrees until well browned on both sides.
- 2Mince 1 onion and half the carrots in food processor.
- 3In a large pot bring 8 cups of water or vegetable stock to a boil. Add lamb, minced onion, minced carrot, salt and pepper and simmer until lamb is tender and is easily removed from the bone.
- 4De-bone and chop lamb meat and return to pot.
- 5Add tomato paste, vinegar and wine, simmer for 15 minutes.
- 6Add diced potatoes, remaining carrots (diced) and remaining onion (diced small).
- 7Simmer until vegetables are tender, add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Add frozen peas 5-10 minutes before serving so they don't get mushy.
- 9Serve with beer bread.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Soup
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 681.4
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 201.7 mg
- Sodium 592.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 64.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed Italian herbs
seasoned rice vinegar