Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hearty soup made with lamb and vegetables. Great rainy day meal.
Make and share this Lamb Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 5 -6 meaty lamb shanks
- 6 ounces of tomato paste with mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄4 cup nakano seasoned rice vinegar (roasted garlic)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 medium onions
- 1⁄2 lb baby carrots (approx)
- 4 -6 medium red potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen baby peas
- 1 teaspoon salt, with more to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Roast lamb shanks for approx 1 hour at 325 degrees until well browned on both sides.
- Mince 1 onion and half the carrots in food processor.
- In a large pot bring 8 cups of water or vegetable stock to a boil. Add lamb, minced onion, minced carrot, salt and pepper and simmer until lamb is tender and is easily removed from the bone.
- De-bone and chop lamb meat and return to pot.
- Add tomato paste, vinegar and wine, simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes, remaining carrots (diced) and remaining onion (diced small).
- Simmer until vegetables are tender, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add frozen peas 5-10 minutes before serving so they don't get mushy.
- Serve with beer bread.