Recipe by Bergy
This recipe was originally from Madam Jehane Benoit"s Complete Heritage of Canadian Cooking, a classic. Very impressive presentation, serve with Mashed potatoes, baby carrots, fresh minted peas.
- 1 1⁄2-2 1⁄2 lbs racks of lamb
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine or 3 tablespoons madeira wine
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the mustard, tarragon, salt, pepper and butter.
- Place the rack of lamb in a roasting pan and roast in a 400F oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven pour the brandy over top, and turn the meat so the brandy coats the lamb all over.
- Spread the creamed mixture over to of the lamb.
- Put back in oven, lower heat to 375F and continue roasting until the internal temp reaches 155F (apprx 45 min- 1 hour depending on the size of the rack), remove from oven and place on a platter and keep warm (cover with foil).
- Place the roasting pan direct heat.
- Add Sherry,chicken broth to the pan drippings.
- Scrap the borrom of the pan to get all the brown bits.
- Bring to a boil, strain the sauce and serve separately.