1/1 Photo of Lamb Rack A LA Francaise
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe was originally from Madam Jehane Benoit"s Complete Heritage of Canadian Cooking, a classic. Very impressive presentation, serve with Mashed potatoes, baby carrots, fresh minted peas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together the mustard, tarragon, salt, pepper and butter.
- 2Place the rack of lamb in a roasting pan and roast in a 400F oven for 10 minutes.
- 3Take out of the oven pour the brandy over top, and turn the meat so the brandy coats the lamb all over.
- 4Spread the creamed mixture over to of the lamb.
- 5Put back in oven, lower heat to 375F and continue roasting until the internal temp reaches 155F (apprx 45 min- 1 hour depending on the size of the rack), remove from oven and place on a platter and keep warm (cover with foil).
- 6Place the roasting pan direct heat.
- 7Add Sherry,chicken broth to the pan drippings.
- 8Scrap the borrom of the pan to get all the brown bits.
- 9Bring to a boil, strain the sauce and serve separately.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Rack A LA Francaise
Serving Size: 1 (257 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 961.9
- Calories from Fat 711
- Total Fat 79.0 g
- Saturated Fat 41.2 g
- Cholesterol 204.5 mg
- Sodium 613.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 34.5 g