This recipe was originally from Madam Jehane Benoit"s Complete Heritage of Canadian Cooking, a classic. Very impressive presentation, serve with Mashed potatoes, baby carrots, fresh minted peas.
- Cream together the mustard, tarragon, salt, pepper and butter.
- Place the rack of lamb in a roasting pan and roast in a 400F oven for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven pour the brandy over top, and turn the meat so the brandy coats the lamb all over.
- Spread the creamed mixture over to of the lamb.
- Put back in oven, lower heat to 375F and continue roasting until the internal temp reaches 155F (apprx 45 min- 1 hour depending on the size of the rack), remove from oven and place on a platter and keep warm (cover with foil).
- Place the roasting pan direct heat.
- Add Sherry,chicken broth to the pan drippings.
- Scrap the borrom of the pan to get all the brown bits.
- Bring to a boil, strain the sauce and serve separately.
Thanks Bergy for another great recipe! I added a small sprig of rosemerry, but other than that kept to your recipe. This is one I will be making again. sams
This one will go into my favourite lamb recipes cookbook Bergy. It's so simple and so delicious. I loved the flavour of the dijon mustard and tarragon. Our small lamb rack (about 1 1/2 lbs)was done to our liking in about 35 minutes total.