1/1 Photo of Lamb Meatballs With Cucumber Mint Yogurt and Couscous
Chef Ivy Starks creation for "chef on a shoestring budget". prep does not include the 4 hour time to drain yogurt
My Private Note
golf ba ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 cup blanched almond, toasted and ground
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup raisins, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more
- olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Moroccan Yogurt Sauce (use 2 cups)
- 1In a small bowl, soak bread crumbs in milk. In a medium bowl, combine the lamb, almonds, soaked bread crumbs, onion, raisins, egg, garlic, parsley, cilantro, and chili pepper flakes. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- 2Drizzle olive oil onto a sheet pan you will place the meatballs on and rub oil into the palm of both hands.
- 3Form meat mixture into meatballs 1/2-inch in diameter. The recipe makes about 30 golf ball-sized meatballs.
- 4Heat oven to 400, place meatballs on a baking sheet and cook about 12 minutes until heated through.
- 5Yogurt sauce:.
- 6Place the yogurt in a sieve lined with cheesecloth. Allow to drain at least two hours to overnight.
- 7Toss the cucumber in 2 teaspoons salt and place in a sieve to drain for at least two hours.
- 8Combine in a medium bowl, the yogurt, cucumber, mint, and the preserved lemon. Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Serve warm over couscous and drizzled with yogurt sauce and, parsley and sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Meatballs With Cucumber Mint Yogurt and Couscous
Serving Size: 1 (1307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.8
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 19.4 mg
- Sodium 31.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 4.5 g