Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
A very simple way to serve lamb. I love to cook these on the barbecue and serve them with new potatoes and a couple of salads. Recipe by Alison Holst, posted for ZWT5. Preparation time does not include marinating time.
- 300 g lamb, diced into 1 - 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- Place meat into a resealable plastic bag.
- Heat lemon juice, honey, vegetable oil and garlic till the honey has melted - I do this in the microwave, setting the timer for about 20 seconds. Stir well, and allow to cool before pouring the marinade over the lamb. Leave to marinade for at least 20 minutes - longer if you have the time.
- Thread lamb onto swekers and cook on barbecue or grill pan for approx 2 - 3 minutes per side and serve. The lamb should be pink on the inside, but not red.