Lamb Filling for East Indian Samosas
- Soak saffron in water.
- Heat the oil in a heavy skillet. Stir in ginger, garlic and onion.
- Fry until onions are golden, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle in salt.
- Add the lamb, the red pepper and garam masala and the saffron soaked in water.
- Cook 10 minutes over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and cook about 15 minutes more, stirring once or twice.
- When the lamb mixture has lost most of its moisture and becomes an almost solid cake in the pan, remove from heat.
- Cool before using.