Recipe by graniteangel
These chops are moist and delicious. The 5 spice powder gives it a unique and lovely flavor. It's very easy and will impress anyone who likes lamb. You can choose spicy or sweet depending on your pallet.
Top Review by helowy
So easy and fast to throw together! I used Silver Palate's mango chutney. Even dh, who does not usually care for lamb, thought these were very good. And Miss Megs couldn't get enough. As advertised, they turned out moist and flavorful. I found they weren't quite cooked enough after 40 minutes, but the chops were very thick, so that is probably why.
- 16 ounces lamb chops
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup spicy mango chutney (store bought in a jar) or 1 cup sweet mango chutney (store bought in a jar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat your oven to 350°F.
- Rub 5 spice and kosher salt on both sides of chops. Place chops in a 8x 8x baking dish and evenly spoon chutney over each chop. Cover with tin foil.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. Let rest for 10 minute Serve while hot.
- I like to cook Mahatma Yellow Saffron Long Grain Rice as a side with steamed veggies. I use butter, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, salt, pepper and a splash of fresh lemon over the steamed veggies.