Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From www.taste.com.au...not sure who to credit the recipe to as it says a Matt Preston recipe but then he refers to Jen Ryan. Anyway enjoy...
- Heat oven to 160°C Heat half the oil in a heavy based casserole dish. Brown the chops in batches over medium heat then remove to a plate.
- Turn heat down, add remaining olive oil and fry onion gently until soft.
- Add garlic, celery, carrot and parsnip and cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar and stir to combine. Return chops to the casserole, then pour over water to cover, stirring again to combine.
- Add the sprigs of rosemary, cover the casserole and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove any fat from the surface with a large spoon and add the peas.
- Cook on the stove top with the lid off to reduce the sauce slightly until the peas are cooked through.