2 hrs 15 mins
Wendys Kitchen's Note:
From www.taste.com.au...not sure who to credit the recipe to as it says a Matt Preston recipe but then he refers to Jen Ryan. Anyway enjoy...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 160°C Heat half the oil in a heavy based casserole dish. Brown the chops in batches over medium heat then remove to a plate.
- 2Turn heat down, add remaining olive oil and fry onion gently until soft.
- 3Add garlic, celery, carrot and parsnip and cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- 4Add chopped tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar and stir to combine. Return chops to the casserole, then pour over water to cover, stirring again to combine.
- 5Add the sprigs of rosemary, cover the casserole and cook for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Remove any fat from the surface with a large spoon and add the peas.
- 6Cook on the stove top with the lid off to reduce the sauce slightly until the peas are cooked through.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lamb Chop Stew
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 964.3
- Calories from Fat 665
- Total Fat 73.9 g
- Saturated Fat 30.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.3 mg
- Sodium 201.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 46.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: