Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Not only are these Lamb and Walnut parcels to DIE for! But they also look rather exotic! The beauty of this meal is that it can be prepared way in advance! My Lamb and Walnut Parcels are nicest served with cooked vegetables! E N J O Y!
- 3 lamb fillets
- butter (for frying)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed (more or less according to taste!)
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry
- melted butter (for brushing phyllo pastry with)
- 1 cup walnut pieces, finely chopped
GARLIC AND ROSEMARY GLAZE
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 -2 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- After searing lamb, deglaze frying pan with the red wine.
- Add garlic and rosemary and stir.
- Add cornflour mixed with the water.
- Stir constantly over high heat until mixture boils and thickens.
- Cut fillets in half (crossways).
- Melt butter in frying pan, add garlic.
- Place Lamb fillets in frying pan and sear, turning fillets until Lamb is browned all over.
- Remove Lamb fillets from frying pan and cool to room temperature.
- Brush each sheet of phyllo pastry with melted butter and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Cut each sheet in half crossways.
- Place a piece of lamb on edge of long side of pastry.
- Fold edges of pastry in, and roll up.
- Place lamb parcels onto greased oven tray and brush with remaining butter.
- Bake in moderately hot oven (210-230°C) for about 20 minutes or until browned.
- Serve with GARLIC AND ROSEMARY GLAZE.
- Garnish with small sprig of rosemary.