Chicken Phyllo Parcels
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Taken from the "Australian Womans Weekly" cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 125 g country mixed vegetables, soaked overnight
- 450 ml chicken stock
- 10 ml smoked paprika
- 3 skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1 (150 g) package trimmed asparagus, roughly chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 15 ml creme fraiche
- 1 (20 g) package flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 (200 g) package phyllo pastry, chilled
- 75 g butter, melted
- Pre heat the oven to 190 C, 375 F or Gas Mark 5.
- Heat half the olive oil in a saucepan over a moderate heat, add the onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the casserole mix and chicken stock.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat, add the smoked paprika and fry for 30 seconds, then add the chicken and fry for 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the asparagus and casserole mix to the chicken.
- Add seasoning to taste, cheese, creme fraiche and parsley.
- Remove from the heat.
- Lay 1 sheet of filo on the work surface and brush with melted butter.
- Repeat this with 2 more sheets.
- Cut this in half.
- Place 2-3 spoonfuls of chicken mixture in the centre of the filo.
- Bring the filo together to form a money bag and brush with melted butter.
- Repeat this process using the remaining filo and chicken mixture.
- Place the parcels onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION