Recipe by COOKGIRl
From apples-cherries.com. If you get sick eating peanut butter, please substitute another mortar such as cream cheese. Another substitute could be mini chocolate chips for the dried fruit. Mommy used a whole prune for her ladybug's head! [[Tee-hee!]]
Top Review by Lalaloula
What a fun idea! Even though Im not a child anymore I really enjoyed making and eating my ladybug. :)
I used organic red grapes which were so big I only needed 3.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this great recipe with us, Tasty!
Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #27 and the HArvest Moon Apple Festival October 2010.
- 1 large lettuce leaf
- 1 dozen tart dried cherries (can subbed cranberries, currants or raisins)
- 7 red seedless grapes
- 1⁄2 red apple, cored
- peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- On lettuce leaf, place the half cored apple red peel side facing up.
- Place dried fruit on apple with small dabs of peanut butter.
- Use one whole grape for the ladybug's head. Slice a small slit off the end of the grape so it stands up straight.
- Cut up the remaining grapes into thin pieces to make the ladybug's feet and antennae. (You might need an adult to help you with this step).