Recipe by bert
This cookie comes out crisp and is great served with ice cream or sherbet, or just on its own.
Top Review by eliza28
These are super easy to make! First batch everyone liked and then on the second batch I added just a few fresh swipes of nutmeg, a dash of vanilla and maybe 1/4 c. fine ground pecans (almost a puree) to give them more of a noticeable flavor. I found it easier to let the batch cool a bit then form into balls to make a more accurate size and shaped cookie. Also on a oops note if you don't cook these long enough let them cool a bit and then make them into cannoli, they are a wonderful twist.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 corn syrup
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup together in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- Add oats and flour, stirring until smooth.
- Line baking shets with parchment paper or greased aluminum foil.
- Drop mixture by 1 tsp, leaving room for spreading.
- (They DO spread a lot!).
- Bake at 375 for 5- 8 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool until set before removing from tray.
- Store in covered container in cool place for several weeks.
- (If they last that long).