Recipe by BM17
I was shown this recipe in Jr. High French Class. The teacher thought it would be fun and educational to learn a recipe from France and she was right. It's a wonderful dessert that incorporates Orange Juice and Coffee into the mixture. Check it out....
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso (brewed)
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks (keep egg whites)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill all mixing bowls and utensils before making the mousse to help it set up.
- Place semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, espresso, and orange juice in a double broiler and melt on low heat; stirring constantly until melted. Set chocolate mixture in fridge to cool.
- Blend eggs and egg yolks with sugar at medium speed for approx 2 minutes or until thickened. Add to chocolate mixture.
- Whip together whipping cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture and blend for 2-3 minutes. Return to fridge.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Pour chocolate mixture into a chilled large bowl and fold in beaten egg whites. Chill for 3-4 hours before serving.