1 hr 15 mins
I was shown this recipe in Jr. High French Class. The teacher thought it would be fun and educational to learn a recipe from France and she was right. It's a wonderful dessert that incorporates Orange Juice and Coffee into the mixture. Check it out....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill all mixing bowls and utensils before making the mousse to help it set up.
- 2Place semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, espresso, and orange juice in a double broiler and melt on low heat; stirring constantly until melted. Set chocolate mixture in fridge to cool.
- 3Blend eggs and egg yolks with sugar at medium speed for approx 2 minutes or until thickened. Add to chocolate mixture.
- 4Whip together whipping cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold into the chocolate mixture and blend for 2-3 minutes. Return to fridge.
- 5Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 6Pour chocolate mixture into a chilled large bowl and fold in beaten egg whites. Chill for 3-4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for La Mousse Au Chocolat (Chocolate Mousse)
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 385.1
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 181.8 mg
- Sodium 78.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 24.2 g
- Protein 5.0 g