Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made these up because I love asian food and I love mexican food so how about fusing them together? Hope you enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of (about 2 TBSP. juice and 1 tsp. zest)
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat canola oil on med-hi heat in a large skillet.
- Saute the onions, garlic, and jalapeno for 1 minute.
- Add the turkey and cook until it is no longer pink (about 5 minutes).
- Turn down heat to med-low and add the peas and the water chestnuts. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add lime zest, lime juice, soy sauce, and pepper flakes; Stir then remove from heat.
- Pour turkey mix into a bowl so you can use the skillet.
- Put a tortilla into the skillet; put some turkey mix on it then add cheese and peanuts to your taste.
- Fold the tortilla over and cook over med. heat until browned on both sides (using a spatula to turn and flatten).
- Add more oil as you need to brown each quesadilla.