1/1 Photo of Kung Pao Quesadillas
I made these up because I love asian food and I love mexican food so how about fusing them together? Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime, juice and zest of (about 2 TBSP. juice and 1 tsp. zest)
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, crushed
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1Heat canola oil on med-hi heat in a large skillet.
- 2Saute the onions, garlic, and jalapeno for 1 minute.
- 3Add the turkey and cook until it is no longer pink (about 5 minutes).
- 4Turn down heat to med-low and add the peas and the water chestnuts. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- 5Add lime zest, lime juice, soy sauce, and pepper flakes; Stir then remove from heat.
- 6Pour turkey mix into a bowl so you can use the skillet.
- 7Put a tortilla into the skillet; put some turkey mix on it then add cheese and peanuts to your taste.
- 8Fold the tortilla over and cook over med. heat until browned on both sides (using a spatula to turn and flatten).
- 9Add more oil as you need to brown each quesadilla.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kung Pao Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.9
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 59.5 mg
- Sodium 504.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 21.4 g