Recipe by AbbaGav
This is a recipe I found on the internet a very long time ago. Sadly, at this point I have no memory where the original came from beyond that. I've made only minor and superficial modifications since then.
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 kg chicken
- 5 ounces water chestnuts, sliced
- 3 ounces peanuts, shelled and skinless
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into very small pieces. Add 2 tsp oil to wok over high heat and when the oil is hot add the chicken. Stir fry until opaque.
- Add water chestnuts and peanuts to the chicken and cook briefly, 10-20 seconds. Remove, drain and set aside.
- Add remaining tsp of oil. Add crushed red pepper, scallions, garlic, ginger and wine. Heat until the aroma rises, less than a minute.
- Add the chicken back to the wok. Mix soy sauce, broth powder, sugar and 3 tbs water. Pour the mixture into the wok and stir fry everything for 10-20 seconds.
- Mix cornstarch with the 1/2 cup water until it is smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the wok. Stir and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Add sesame oil and vinegar and stir.