Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Kumama is what my grandson Sam has named me.Sam and his brother Noah are autistic so the name Kumama is extra special! This is a delicious recipe that I origanally got from my sister MaryBelle and have tweeked over the years.
- 946.36 ml broccoli florets
- 118.29 ml raisins
- 118.29 ml sunflower seeds (shelled and unsalted (optional)
- 118.29 ml purple onion, diced fine
- 8 slice crisp bacon
- 177.44 ml mayonnaise
- 29.58 ml vinegar (cider vinegar tastes best to me)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- Combine broccoli, raisins, onion and bacon. In separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar and vinegar until well blended. Pour over broccoli mixture. Refrigerate until served.
I am so happy you posted this great recipe!!! I have been looking for it for several years after I lost my original in a house fire. All is well again and this salad will be a featured item on our extended family's After Christmas dinner this afternoon. For convenience and slightly less fat I use bagged real bacon bits. Sometimes I sub a can drained mandarine oranges for the raisins. Thanks again, Kumama, bless you and your very special grandsons!!!