Cauliflower & Broccoli Salad
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- Fry the 1 lb. of bacon crispy.
- Bacon should be left to drain and cool.
- Pat down bacon on paper towel to be sure all excess fat is removed before breaking into bite size pieces.
- Cut the flowers from the cauliflower & broccoli.
- Dice the ham into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Combine in the serving bowl all above ingredients when ready for dressing.
- 1 cup mayo combined with sugar.
- Whisk until sugar is blended well.
- Dressing is then tossed with the salad.
- The salad can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving covered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Who would have thought that such an odd combination of ingredients could be so yummy!?! I love the crunchiness, and the salty ham and bacon are a great match with the sweetness of the raisins, pickles and dressing. I would definitely recommend chilling for an hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend. I just loved this salad and it will be something I will make often - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /> <br />recipe#129579 by txzuckerbaeckerin started it all! I was so touched by the responses to my inquiries on Recipezaar. If it wasn't for the fact I lost my favourite cheesecake recipe and was determined to find one similar or the same I would not have found Reipezaar so I just have to tell my story. I had lost this recipe in moving and I bought several baking books and searched the web for months in my desperate search. Extremely late one night I found Recipezaar and posted my lost recipe as best as I could remember. The next day in the forum there it was posted the one and only lost cheesecake recipe. I knew it was the one from some of the ingredients. Several chefs gave me other recipes including New York Cheesecake by Tyler Florence which is wonderful as well which includes the Cherry Confit topping in the recipe which we adore. On September 19, 2006 this story had a happy ending with me finding my old cheesecake recipe. I thought I will never lose it again by posting it on Recipezaar.recipe #186938.That is why I'm hooked on this wonderful web site called Food! </p>