Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy...very popular in Malaysia...great with rice..got this from a Malaysian website.
Make and share this Kum Heong Clams recipe from Food.com.
- 600 g clams (lala)
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 5 dried chilies, soaked and seeded
- 2 stalks curry leaves, washed (use only the leaves)
- 1 stalk lemongrass, smashed
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot (shredded)
- 8 Thai chiles (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon black bean garlic sauce (Lee Kum Kee)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Soak clams in salty water for 30 minutes. Rinse with clean water and drain in a colander until dry. Wipe completely dry with absorbent paper towel. (To prevent oil from splattering when deep frying the lala).
- Heat 5 tbsp oil in a wok; deep-fry clams until cooked. Dish up and sprinkle evenly with corn flour.
- Heat up 1 tbsp oil and saute lemon grass and ginger until fragrant. Dish up and set aside. Saute dried chillies and curry leaves until fragrant. Dish up and set aside.
- Heat oil and margarine and saute cilipadi and black garlic sauce until fragrant. Stir in seasoning and cooked clams. Blend well. Dish up and serve immediately.