These are a favorite around our household and you don't have to wait for Passover to eat them. They are a nice change from the ordinary pancakes because they are flourless. This is one of the recipes that I am using from memory - let's hope it works. It worked - hurray!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups matzo meal
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans or 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- maple syrup (optional)
- granulated sugar (optional)
- 1Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in large skillet.
- 2Turn off the heat.
- 3Break eggs into mixing bowl.
- 4Beat until thick and lemon colored.
- 5Add milk, matzoh meal, cottage cheese, butter, nuts, vanilla and salt.
- 6Beat until smooth.
- 7Turn heat on to moderate heat.
- 8Drop by spoonsful onto the skillet, this is where you can decide on the size of your pancakes.
- 9Fry until golden on both sides.
- 10Keep warm in oven, while making others.
- 11Serve on platter with maple syrup &/or the granulated sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kremsils - Matzoh Meal Pancakes
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.5
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 333.2 mg
- Sodium 702.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 17.4 g