1/3 Photos of Koulóuria (Greek Sesame Bread Rings)
2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 25 mins
Inge 1505's Note:
Posted for the World Zaar Tour 2005.
My Private Note
bread r ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingrdients EXCEPT sesame seeds to form a dough and knead by hand for approximately 10 minutes.
- 2You might need to add a little more flour, the dough should be soft but not sticky.
- 3Cover and let dough rise for about 30-50 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
- 4Meanwhile preheat oven (440°F, 225°C) and grease baking tray or cover it with baking paper. Put a wide ovenproof dish filled with hot water on the bottom of the oven to have steam, which will make for a better result.
- 5Knead dough a second time and divide into 8 portions.
- 6Form each part into 13-14 inch long roll (about 3/4-1 inch thick). Shape into rings and press ends together.
- 7Put some warm water into a large bowl. Put sesame seeds on a plate.
- 8Carefully dip rings into warm water and then into sesame seeds to cover them on both sides.
- 9Put rings on baking tray and let rise for another 10 minutes.
- 10Bake for about 25-35 minutes.
- 11Koulóuria are done, when they are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Koulóuria (Greek Sesame Bread Rings)
Serving Size: 1 (945 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.5
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 294.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g