Recipe by Mercy
Beef broth may be substituted for the water for a richer soup, but you may have to decrease the amount of salt.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt (2 to 3)
- pepper, to taste
- 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the spinach thoroughly, then trim off the thick stems.
- Heat the sesame oil in a heavy-bottomed pot.
- Brown the ground beef, separating while stir-frying.
- Add the green onion, garlic, soy sauce, salt and pepper and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the water, then the spinach.
- Bring the soup to a boil, then lower the flame.
- Place a tight-fitting lid on the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.