Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good for dipping Korean Dumplings or Chon ( pan fried Korean vegetables)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, good stuff
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 dash korean red pepper powder (kochu garu) (optional)
- 1 dash toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- Combine and serve in a pretty dipping dish along side dumplings or korean pan fried vegetables.
My family really liked this dipping sauce. I didn't have any korean red pepper powder so I just used red pepper flakes. It was perfect for Kittencal's Asian Pork Dumplings (#87762). Thank you Grace for posting this recipe!
This sauce is excellent!! It is one of the best dipping sauces I have had in a long time.. I used low sodium soy sauce and black sesame seed oil, which tasted just like toasted sesame seed oil. I used it as a dipping sauce for a tuna steak I had seared in a skillet. I served rice with it too. I put some of the sauce on the rice which made the rice taste really good. I will definitely be making this again. I always have the ingredients on hand. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Pac Spring '08 Orphanage.
good dipping sauce. omitted kochu garu, as didn't have it on hand. was great eaten with korean vege pancakes. thanks.