Recipe by Sue Lau
A delicious stir-fry that makes a one-dish meal. :)
Top Review by evewitch
I agree that this was bland. We added soy sauce at the table, but it didn't really help much. I was disappointed because I really liked the noodles (my first time trying cellophane noodles) and the combination of vegetables. I don't know how to fix the sauce so I wouldn't make this again. I had to use a large metal Dutch oven to make this because I don't have a wok. Because of this I needed to use quite a bit of oil and the noodles still stuck a bit.
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 8 ounces cellophane noodles
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) can straw mushrooms, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- cooking oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown meat in wok; crumble and cook until done; set aside.
- Soak noodles in very hot water for 5-10 minutes; cut into 3-4 inch lengths.
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain; rinse in cold water and drain again, squeezing dry.
- In a wok over med-high heat, stir-fry garlic, zucchini, onions, green onions, and carrots in small amount of oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir in meat, noodles, spinach, and straw mushrooms.
- Add sesame seeds, sesame oil, soy sauce, and sugar, mixing well.
- Heat through and serve.