Bulgogi: Korean BBQ
photo by Regal_Beauty
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- Mix beef& sugar, let rest 2 minutes, then add remaining ingredients.
- Toss well and let stand 1 hr at room temp or overnight in the refrigerator to allow the meat to mature- better the longer it marinates!
- Preheat a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
- Add beef, a few slices at a time, and sear without oil for 2-3 minutes at most.
- Or, grill beef in very hot gas or electric broiler.
- Serve immediately with white sticky rice and an assortment of side dishes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Ironically I submitted my family's version of this dish before I looked around. lol This is a much classier sounding version. We just used whatever cut of beef was cheep and easy to slice. I will have to try this one out. And as far as kimchee, the fain of tast-bud may prefer a lightly seasoned cabage salad. yum
Made this but in order to lighten it up used thinly sliced pork tenderloin instead of the beef. I started marinating the meat the night before so it had a good long soak. The taste was fabulous and the quick cook time left the meat still wonderfully tender. Also, assuming pepper calls for black pepper, I cut the black pepper amount in half and added an equal amount of red pepper flakes. This recipe is now added to my rotation. Thanks so much for posting!