Recipe by AZRT
Cooking Light recipe
Top Review by smreoch
My husband and I really liked this recipe. I doubled it because of the size of our family and toned down the heat by not doubling the sambal oelek. I used baby bok choy and added some peppers. I didn't have mushrooms but the flavor was still great. I will definitely make this again.
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 8 ounces beef eye round, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek or 2 teaspoons thai chili paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- cooking spray
- 1 (3 3/4 ounce) packageuncooked cellophane noodles
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups sliced shiitake mushroom caps (about 6 ounces mushrooms)
- diagonally sliced green onion
- julienne-cut carrot
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare beef, sprinkle cornstarch over beef; toss to combine. Add 1 tablespoon soy sauce and next 4 ingredients (1 tablespoon soy sauce through 3 garlic cloves); toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add beef mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes or until done. Remove mixture from pan. Cover and keep warm.
- To prepare noodles, pour boiling water over noodles; let stand 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain. Snip noodles several times with kitchen shears.
- To prepare vegetables, wipe skillet or wok clean with paper towels. Heat 1 teaspoon sesame oil and vegetable oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and 5 garlic cloves; stir-fry 30 seconds. Add mushrooms, onions, and carrot; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add half of spinach; stir-fry 2 minutes or until spinach wilts. Add remaining spinach; stir-fry 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add beef mixture and noodles to pan, stirring well to combine. Combine 1/3 cup soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and 1 tablespoon sesame oil, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over noodle mixture; stir well to combine. Cook over medium-low heat 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.