Korean Beef Using Ground Beef
This recipe is so easy and delicious. Perfect weeknight meal that my family loves.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- crushed red pepper, to desired spiciness
- ground pepper
- 6 green onions, diced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and brown hamburger with garlic in the sesame oil.
- Drain fat and add brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, red pepper and ground pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes to blend flavors.
- Serve over steamed rice and top with green onions.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I really enjoyed this, especially as it was so fast to make. I did use a ginger-garlic paste, as it's what I have. I topped it with chopped radish, cucumber and green onion, as well as a fried egg, which is a common addition to beef bowls. I might reduce the sugar just a touch next time, but overall, this was good.1Reply
see 17 more