Recipe by Oolala
Not much sugar in this recipe from Prevention Magazine, July, 2007. "In Korea, most meats-like this thinly sliced, lean beef tenderloin-play a supporting role in meals, helping to keep overall saturated fat intake low.
- 5 scallions, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 lb beef tenderloin steak, trimmed and sliced into 1/4-inch thick medallions
Directions See How It's Made
- Grind first 3 ingredients in a small food processor or with a mortar and pestle.
- Stir in next 5 ingredients and pour into a shallow dish.
- Add the beef; turn slices to coat; cover and chill 45 minutes.
- Preheat grill for direct heat.
- Remove beef from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Grill meat 2-3 minutes, turning once.