Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
"This is a family favorite made easy. Preparing the dough in a bread machine saves time kneading the dough by hand."
- Place water, softened butter, egg, egg yolk, milk powder, potato flakes, sugar, salt, flour and yeast in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Select Dough cycle; press Start. Check dough after 5 minutes of mixing, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons of water if necessary.
- When the cycle is complete, spoon out dough with tablespoon and roll into walnut sized balls. Place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Flatten balls slightly with the palm of your and make a depression in center with your thumb. Fill with 1 tablespoon of filling. Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake in preheated oven for 13 to 15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. Cool on wire rack.