Recipe by Chief Teer
This is one of my favorite cake recipe that my grandmother use to make quite often, and for most holiday events. I thought I would submit it before, the recipe is gone forever. It is a recipe that was developed and passed down by my family members back in 1948, during WWII. Hopefully, others will get their chocolate fix, too!
Top Review by LilKiwiChicken
Hi, I tried to message you but you are not accepting messages. The list of ingredients doesn't include flour, but the instructions do - you might want to put the flour in the list of ingredients. Thanks!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup hershey's cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup grandma knighten's cocoa frosting
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 9-inch round baking pans.
- Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes. Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks. Cool completely. Frost with "Grandma Knighten's" Cocoa Frosting.