Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe uses the flavorful kiwi fruit with a hint of lime juice and zest. When making the jam, use just-ripe kiwi fruit to allow for the fruit's natural pectin to be at its highest levels. This will reduce the cooking time of the jam and also help it to set naturally. The tangy jam is delicious with a little butter on toast and a cup of tea. If you're feeling adventurous, you could also use the jam as an accompaniment to a hard cheese with some cracker.
- Peel the kiwi fruit, cut into quarters and then chop roughly.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the kiwi fruit and sugar over a low heat.
- Simmer gently until the sugar dissolves stirring occasionally. Add the lime juice and zest.
- Once the sugar has dissolved turn the heat up and bring the mixture to a rapid boil for about 10 minutes. Stir frequently and be sure not to let the mixture burn.
- Spoon jam into a sterilized, air-tight jar and refrigerate. The jam can be kept up to a month.
- Spread jam on hot buttered toast and serve with a cup of tea.
Mmmmmmm!!! This is so good, what's not to love? You've inspired me to make some vanilla ice cream today - as this is too good to waste on a piece of bread. LOL! This jam is destined to be my Christmas give-away of the year!
I loved this and what else would I love? Oh yeah, an all expense paid trip to Australia and New Zealand. Made for ZWT#8 AU/NZ.