1/4 Photos of Kittencal's Perfect Poached Eggs
This is the only method I use for the best poached eggs, you will never go wrong with this recipe! you may of coarse increase the eggs to whatever amount desired, the addition of a small amount of milk will create a softer egg :)
My Private Note
- 1Grease a saucepan with a very small amount of melted butter or margarine (do not use cooking spray it will affect the taste of the eggs).
- 2Add in cold water to a depth of 2-inches in the saucepan.
- 3Add in milk and a pinch of salt to the water; bring to a boil then reduce to a light simmer.
- 4Holding the egg as close as possible to the simmering water break eggs one at a time into the water.
- 5Simmer over very low heat for 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- 6Carefully remove eggs with a slotted spoon.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Perfect Poached Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 74.7
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 186.7 mg
- Sodium 125.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g