This is the only method I use for the best poached eggs, you will never go wrong with this recipe! you may of coarse increase the eggs to whatever amount desired, the addition of a small amount of milk will create a softer egg :)
- Grease a saucepan with a very small amount of melted butter or margarine (do not use cooking spray it will affect the taste of the eggs).
- Add in cold water to a depth of 2-inches in the saucepan.
- Add in milk and a pinch of salt to the water; bring to a boil then reduce to a light simmer.
- Holding the egg as close as possible to the simmering water break eggs one at a time into the water.
- Simmer over very low heat for 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Carefully remove eggs with a slotted spoon.