Hangover Poached Eggs
Two yellow orbs, surrounded by white in a sea of red. Been there, done that. This is an ehanced and scaled down variation of Poached Eggs in Catsup posted by Darlene Summers. A little tartness has been added to counter the sweet catsup and extra liquid was added to accommodate cooking smaller portions in a standard frying pan. Some people might want to add just a dash of hot sauce. Cooking is a Creative Sport.
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 slices toast
- Mix the catsup, vinegar and water in a frying pan with a tight fitting lid.
- Heat over medium flame until the liquid starts to bubble.
- Add the butter and stir until melted.
- Carefully add the eggs, and simmer covered for 3 minutes.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spatula and place on the toast.
- Pour the catsup sauce over the eggs and top with the cheese.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
To Chef Dudo. If you live in the southwest you probable would know. The hotter the better. Hottest sauce you can get. (I usually keep one very very hot one for hangovers). You can put this sauce on your favorite eggs, breakfast taco whatever. I have not made these but sure see a New Years and possibly hangover in my future. Think I will this year.Reply