Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Not many ingredients to this recipe but big on taste, it's a nice change from potatoes, adjust the chili flakes to suit heat level or you may omit completely
- 1 (8 ounce) package wide egg noodles
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh finely chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the egg noodles in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender; drain and set aside (you might want to toss with a couple tablespoons of butter to prevent sticking).
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in garlic and chili flakes; cook stirring for 2 minutes or until the garlic is softened.
- Add in the cooked noodles and toss to heat through.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese and green onion, then season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Serve with more parmesan cheese.
Yum! These are so good. I made my own homemade egg noodles and this sauce took them over-the-top delicious. Thank you!
Easy 5-stars! Served with baked chicken breasts and every one loved it. The next night we tried these same ingredients with sliced potatoes (instead of pasta). Turned out great! We used 5-6 medium potatoes sliced, boiled them until soft but firm, and then added them in place of pasta, used only 1/4 tsp red pepper, and sprinkled with just a little parmesan cheese instead of the full 1/3-1/2 cup. Thanks so much for sharing, Kittencal!