Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you use a lot of dry onion soup mix as I do for my cooking then you will love this mix! this is not a clone it is meant to use as a flavor inhancer of dry soup mix, you may use in place of the envelopes of dry onion soup mix in any recipe, this also works well in roasts, stews, soups and gravy as well as lots of other recipes --- when using this mix in recipes you might want to reduce or omit any extra salt, this mix already has a high sodium content.
- 3⁄4 cup dried onion flakes (coarsley chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup beef bouillon powder (I use OXO low-sodium)
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown gravy mix (I use Club House brand)
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages dry onion soup mix (use Lipton's)
- Place all ingredients in a glass jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake until well mixed.
- Store the jar in the fridge.
- Use 4-5 tablespoons in recipes for one package of dry onion soup.
- Shake the jar before each use.