Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead the dressing needs a few hours chilling time before serving, you may want to adjust some ingredients after you make this, I would suggest to start with the stated amounts and add in more after mixing, you may use 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese in place of the feta cheese --- if you are not a lover of garlic then I suggest to pass this by! --- servings are only esitmated.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (such as Hellman's mayonnaise, do not use salad dressing)
- 1 -2 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup (or to taste, no substitutes, sugar or honey will alter the flavor and make it too sweet)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano (can use more)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor or blender process all ingredients together except the salt and pepper until blended and smooth.
- Add in a little more crumbled feta cheese if you prefer a chunky-style dressing.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 or more hours before serving.
I followed this recipe as written and wouldn't change one thing. While processing in the mixer, I only pulsed as I wanted to leave chunks of feta. This is a really thick and rich tasting dressing. It is important that you make it the day b/f serving or at least as stated. The flavors have to marry in order for you to get the full wonderful taste effect.~ Made for KK's RecipeTag~
This was great, b/f was surprised it tasted so good. I did not put this in the blender, I like chunky dressing. Next time I will, but with only half the cheese, then add the other half so it still is chunky. <br/>Update: The first time I made this I forgot the corn syrup and did not realize it until I made a second batch. The second batch I did added it, but we all decided it was not as good as the first batch. So out it goes. The fourth time I made this, I did not have red wine vinegar, so I used white. I can say the red gave this a much better flavor.
Amazing recipe. my daughter stated she would love to drink this stuff! KK's recipes always make me look good. Should have your own tv show!