Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Plan ahead the dressing needs a few hours chilling time before serving, you may want to adjust some ingredients after you make this, I would suggest to start with the stated amounts and add in more after mixing, you may use 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese in place of the feta cheese --- if you are not a lover of garlic then I suggest to pass this by! --- servings are only esitmated.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (such as Hellman's mayonnaise, do not use salad dressing)
- 1 -2 medium garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup (or to taste, no substitutes, sugar or honey will alter the flavor and make it too sweet)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano (can use more)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor or blender process all ingredients together except the salt and pepper until blended and smooth.
- Add in a little more crumbled feta cheese if you prefer a chunky-style dressing.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 or more hours before serving.
I followed this recipe as written and wouldn't change one thing. While processing in the mixer, I only pulsed as I wanted to leave chunks of feta. This is a really thick and rich tasting dressing. It is important that you make it the day b/f serving or at least as stated. The flavors have to marry in order for you to get the full wonderful taste effect.~ Made for KK's RecipeTag~
This was great, b/f was surprised it tasted so good. I did not put this in the blender, I like chunky dressing. Next time I will, but with only half the cheese, then add the other half so it still is chunky. <br/>Update: The first time I made this I forgot the corn syrup and did not realize it until I made a second batch. The second batch I did added it, but we all decided it was not as good as the first batch. So out it goes. The fourth time I made this, I did not have red wine vinegar, so I used white. I can say the red gave this a much better flavor.
This recipe is great! I grated one small garlic clove for better distribution (small because grated is much stronger) and it was perfect, and we love garlic. Even those that are VERY picky about feta loved it. I made it again with ~ 3T fresh parsley and it was just as good. When it says Kittencal, you know it will be good. Thank you