Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is the perfect consistency to hold on to pasta, don't omit the dryed thyme it is what makes this sauce and you may also add in a pinch cayenne pepper also if desired --- I'm a an extreme garlic-lover and I find that 1 heaping tablespoon is plenty for this recipe if you like an extreme garlic flavor then go ahead and use more! --- the recipe may easily be doubled but I suggest to keep the garlic at no more than about 1-1/2 tablespoons for a double recipe --- have plenty of mouthwash handy after this lol! :)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (about 2 large cloves, minced)
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme (rubbed between your fingers to release the flavor)
- 2 tablespoons flour (for a slightly thicker sauce increase to 2-1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 1⁄2 cups 18% table cream (can use half-and-half cream)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy 35% cream
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- seasoning salt (to taste) or white salt (to taste)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- In a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat.
- Add in the garlic and thyme; whisk for about 2 minutes (if your garlic is chopped instead of finely minced cook for 3 minutes watching closely not to burn the garlic).
- Add in flour and stir for 1 minute.
- Add in table cream and heavy whipping cream; bring to a boil and simmer over low heat, whisking constantly until thickened, about 2 minutes (do not allow to boil rapidly).
- Continue to simmer for about 2-3 minutes over low heat stirring continuously until bubbly and thickened.
- Mix in the Parmesan cheese; stir to melt the cheese (about 2 minutes).
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with more Parmesan cheese.
- *Note* This sauce is best if eaten right away as it will become thicker upon standing.
As other reviewers have stated, Kittencal has another great recipe. It's not the best Alfredo I've ever had but it is the best alfredo I've ever made in under 10 minutes!! The thyme was not liked by the kids but the garlic flavor was just perfect. Yum!!<br/>Will definitely make again when we are short on time for dinner!!!!
yes this has good flavor but the instant thickening left this recipe with a low star rating. alfredo sauce is to be desired and enjoyed with every bite, not just the first. I even added extra liquid. sorry. this is not alfredo sauce.
Oh soooo yummy! Love the garlic and the thyme- thanks!