This takes minutes to throw together, I have made this many times on a busy day it's very good for a quick easy meal --- feel free to add in some cooked chicken, shrimp or your favorite veggie to make it a more complete meal --- I have left the chili flakes as optional if you like some heat add them in with the garlic and adjust to suit your heat level., all amounts may be adjusted to taste.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cooked pasta (use your choice of pasta)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or adjust to heat level)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or use 2 tablespoons each butter and olive oil)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (lot's of black pepper!)
- Place the cooked pasta in a bowl; keep warm (do not rinse pasta).
- In a small skillet saute the garlic in olive oil until golden and tender (try not to burn the garlic) then pour the oil with the garlic over the cooked pasta.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese; toss to coat then serve immediately.
Yum, yum, yum! Thanks Kittencal. I cut down the butter to about 1.5 tbsps, and did 3/4 tbsp. oil and cut back on the parm to 3/4 of 1/2 cup...not as luxurious of course, but still sooo good! I could eat this all the time! oh yeah and did just a 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes. I just love this simple dish!
I made this last night and it was super easy & tasty. I used cayenne instead of crushed red pepper as that is all I had. I also added a bit of butter. Thanks for posting Kit.
Even before I came across this website I have been doing this recipe already and this is sooo yummy. I used chopped carrots since that's the only vegetable I have now sometimes I use asparagus. Normally I don't put garlic it's like a version of my mac n cheese but I tried to put some garlic powder and followed the recipe here - not bad, it's still gooood! Thanks for posting, now I have choices. Oh and try to put tsp of dried basil leaves. ;)