Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This takes minutes to throw together, I have made this many times on a busy day it's very good for a quick easy meal --- feel free to add in some cooked chicken, shrimp or your favorite veggie to make it a more complete meal --- I have left the chili flakes as optional if you like some heat add them in with the garlic and adjust to suit your heat level., all amounts may be adjusted to taste.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cooked pasta (use your choice of pasta)
- 1 -2 tablespoon minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional or adjust to heat level)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil (or use 2 tablespoons each butter and olive oil)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (lot's of black pepper!)
- Place the cooked pasta in a bowl; keep warm (do not rinse pasta).
- In a small skillet saute the garlic in olive oil until golden and tender (try not to burn the garlic) then pour the oil with the garlic over the cooked pasta.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese; toss to coat then serve immediately.
Yum! I made a half recipe, used a lot of garlic and did half oil/half butter. Left out the red pepper flakes b/c of the little kids. Liked this with grilled chicken. Thanks for an easy and quick side dish!
Yum, yum, yum! Thanks Kittencal. I cut down the butter to about 1.5 tbsps, and did 3/4 tbsp. oil and cut back on the parm to 3/4 of 1/2 cup...not as luxurious of course, but still sooo good! I could eat this all the time! oh yeah and did just a 1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes. I just love this simple dish!
I made this last night and it was super easy & tasty. I used cayenne instead of crushed red pepper as that is all I had. I also added a bit of butter. Thanks for posting Kit.