I am obsessed with saving money. This recipe is used for my second cookbook in a series of Easy & Frugal recipes by Kitchen Kouture. http://www.food.com/cookbook/kitchen-kouture-quick-easy-chicken-576625. The concept is to cook the chicken on Sunday. Freeze the leftovers of the chicken in seperate zip lock bags. Cook as big or as many chickens as you want, depending on the amount of leftovers you want to freeze. A 4 lb chicken will make 2 meals ( 1.5 lb meat each bag), (2) 4 lb chickens 4 meals, and so on. Just take a ziplock bag out and unthaw when ready to use.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs chicken
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered, stuff into cavity
- 1Recipe 1:.
- 2Remove neck and giblets.
- 3Rinse chicken inside and out, pat dry.
- 4Mix all seasonings together.
- 5Rub seasonings onto chicken and inside the cavity.
- 6Stuff cavity with onions.
- 7Put chicken in a large ziplock bag and refrigerate overnight.
- 8Cook for 3 hours at 250 degrees.
- 9Basting every 30 minutes with roasting juices.
- 10Recipe 2:.
- 11Remove neck and giblets.
- 12Rinse chicken inside and out, pat dry.
- 13In a saucepan, simmer all ingredients for 5 minutes.
- 14Rub poultry seasoning on outside and cavity of chicken.
- 15Insert lemon into cavity.
- 16Put chicken into large ziplock bag with marinade and refrigerate overnight.
- 17Cook for 3 hours at 250 degrees, basting every 30 minutes with roasting juices.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kitchen Kouture Whole Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (275 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.0
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 14.3 g
- Cholesterol 185.3 mg
- Sodium 1374.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 42.7 g